Don’t be impatient – you will adjust!
Just as athletes must adjust to wearing mouth guards, you will have to adjust to wearing your TheraSnore appliance. But – trust us – within a week or two, you’ll be glad you did!
Here’s what to expe…
At first, you may wake up and discover that you have removed the TheraSnore while you were asleep. It may be on the floor, or buried in the bedding. This is normal.
Also, you may find yourself generating excess saliva during the first few nights. Don’t be concerned; this is only temporary.
When you first start using the TheraSnore, you may wish to insert it 15-30 minutes before you go to bed. This allows you to adjust to the “feel” of the appliance before actually lying down to sleep.
Finally, if any soreness develops, contact the dentist who fitted your TheraSnore to arrange an adjustment. Most adjustments only take a few minutes.
In a few days, you won’t even know you’re wearing the TheraSnore appliance.
How to use your TheraSnore
- Follow a regular oral hygiene program of brushing and flossing.
- Apply the appliance to your upper teeth. Your lower jaw will find its proper position naturally. The appliance should fit securely over your upper teeth, while your lower jaw should have freedom to open and close.
- Relax your jaw and don’t think about the appliance. It will work passively.
- Clean your appliance by soaking in OrthoFresh® cleaner.
- If you have any questions, contact your dentist. Your dentist is an expert and will be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you may have.